Being a responsible business means ensuring that we:
- always do the right thing
- are open and transparent with our customers, our people and the societies we serve
- deliver our commitments and comply with the law
- engage with and motivate our people
- act safely and with respect for the environment and those with whom we work
- minimise business risks
- achieve appropriate financial returns, and
- develop and safeguard our reputation and brand.
By being responsible, we will enhance our financial performance and create sustainable value for our shareholders. The importance of corporate responsibility (CR) means that we have built it into the way we operate, embedding it in all aspects of the Serco Management System (SMS). The SMS defines the rules that govern the way we behave, operate and deliver our strategy.
It encompasses a set of group-wide policies and standards, covering subjects ranging from health, safety and the environment (HSE) to procurement and supply chain.